Research Experience for Undergraduates
Engineer solutions for the revitalization of the U.S. petrochemical and fuels industries through basic research aimed at sustainable development of America’s light hydrocarbon resources today for a sustainable tomorrow. CISTAR’s vision is to create a transformative engineered system to convert light hydrocarbons from shale resources to chemicals and transportation fuels in smaller, modular, local, and highly networked processing plants. Through CISTAR’s four pillars: hydrocarbon research, workforce development, diversity and inclusion and industrial partnerships, CISTAR program participants are given the tools to become technically-excellent and innovative leaders who value cultural differences in the global energy economy.
Fuel the future as a Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) summer researcher with CISTAR. You will have the opportunity to work with world-class researchers at one of CISTAR’s five partner universities. As a CISTAR REU student, you will work on a research project in your area of interest and be matched with a CISTAR Graduate Fellow mentor who will help you develop your skills as a researcher and gain insight into the world of graduate school.
- Synthesis and characterization and testing of new catalyst or membranes for separation
- Separations (advanced membranes and ionic liquids)
- Process modeling and systems integration
- Environmental and life cycle analysis
Opportunities available at CISTAR partner universities for undergraduate students studying chemical engineering, materials engineering or chemistry.
- DATES: May 26, 2020 - July 31, 2020
- APPLICATION PERIOD: December 1, 2019 - February 15, 2020
- STIPEND: $5,000 plus housing and travel.