Interested in joining a team that shapes the future of the bioeconomy? The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy’s Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) has two job openings:
Chief Engineer (GS–15 Level)
The Chief Engineer focuses on addressing key challenges to the integration and scale-up of bioenergy technologies. Specifically, this position will develop and lead the execution of the office’s research and development (R&D) strategy for identifying and reducing technology integration and scale-up barriers. In addition, the candidate will manage how bench-scale and sub-pilot research can accelerate scale-up and reduce the uncertainty that hinders private sector investment. This position will require a high-level of stakeholder engagement with the financial sector and with industry to understand various methodologies for quantifying technology uncertainties.Applications due by August 12, 2020.
General Engineer (GS–12 Level)
- The General Engineer in the Advanced Development and Optimization subprogram will:
- Conduct engineering research and studies to determine and recommend appropriate solutions to issues, interpret designs, and evaluate adequacy
- Conduct projects and/or studies within established financial and time constraints
- Develop and utilize data collection techniques to assess project and program effectiveness
- Interpret and evaluate engineering drawings, specifications, and technical data packages.
Applications due by August 31, 2020.
Learn more about these exciting positions and how to apply at Bioenergy Jobs!