You’re Invited to the Enhanced Geothermal Shot™ Summit
Please join the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) for the Enhanced Geothermal Shot™ Summit on May 11, 2023 from 10:30 am-4:30 pm ET. This virtual event will convene federal, state, private sector, science, labor union, and environmental justice representatives to dive into how achieving the Enhanced Geothermal Shot™ goal—to dramatically reduce the cost of enhanced geothermal systems (EGS) by 90%, to $45 per megawatt hour by 2035—will help the United States benefit from geothermal energy.
Together, we'll dig into the opportunities in harnessing the heat beneath our feet, how we can integrate societal considerations as a priority in the growth of the geothermal industry, and how we can ground our ambitions for geothermal energy in technology solutions.
Key speakers include:
- Senator Martin Heinrich, New Mexico
- Geraldine Richmond, DOE Under Secretary for Science and Innovation
- Dr. Jesse Jenkins, Professor and ZERO Lab Lead, Princeton University
- Tim Latimer, CEO, Fervo Energy
- Shalanda H. Baker, Director of DOE’s Office of Economic Impact and Diversity and Secretarial Advisor on Equity
- Betony Jones, Director of DOE’s Office of Energy Jobs
- Marc Poulos, Associate General Counsel, International Union of Operating Engineers Local 150
- John Murphy, International Representative, United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry of the United States and Canada
For questions about the Summit, contact [email protected].
Learn more about the Enhanced Geothermal Shot™.