There is still time to submit a proposal to present at the Black Communities Conference (Sept. 9-11, 2019, Durham, NC). At the conference, scholars and communities will convene to enhance Black community life and further the understanding of Black communities. We are particularly in need of presenters from the natural sciences and engineering!
Submission Instructions: http://blackcommunities.unc.edu/2019/index.php/call-for-proposals/
Submission Deadline: March 1, 2019
Types of Proposals:
- Oral Presentation about your work or research
- Panel Discussion on an important topic
- Workshop to teach or explore a shared concern
- Film or Video to teach, entertain and challenge
- Pop-Up Presentation showcasing an academic poster, photography or artistic performance
The conference will convene 600+ academic scholars, community leaders, scientists, activists, business leaders, artists, educators, policymakers and others from across the world to further understand and enhance Black communities of the African diaspora.
For additional questions, contact Mark Little.